Torah Kingdom Living – Statement of Basic Beliefs
Bob & Suzanne Hamrick
We believe that:
- the entire Bible is literally an expression of the one true Creator God of the universe, that the original text (Ben Asher/Aleppo Codex) of the Hebrew Tanakh (“Old Testament”) was letter-for-letter literally dictated by the one true God (John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 Timothy 2:5) to the human writers of the various books, and that this is proven by the presence of the ELS (Equidistant Letter Sequence) codes in them. We also believe that the Renewed Covenant Scriptures (“New Testament”), in its original Hebrew/Aramaic languages, was inspired by this same Creator God, but not dictated letter-for-letter. Unfortunately for us, none of these certifiably original texts survive in the public domain, and all modern Bibles have errors and doctrinal corruptions inserted by men, which we and many others have documented, down through the centuries.
- the original Hebrew Self-given name of this Creator God (YHVH) is important, and that it should be revered and treated exactly as He tells us to in the Tanakh. We also believe that the Messiah’s true name is exactly as dictated by the Creator through His angel Gabriel in Matthew 1:21: Yeshua (Strong’s H3442) – Hebrew for “he shall save”.
- this Creator God is one person, the only Creator, unique and all-powerful. He is NOT part of a “trinity”, nor part of a “binity”, nor part of a deific “God family”. He is Love personified, and that, as an expression of His giving love nature, He sent His only begotten (born of a human mother) Son, named Yeshua (“he will save” [Strong’s H3442], according to the explicit instructions from the angel Gabriel – Matthew 1:21), to live among us as an example and to die on a Roman tau (T) cross once, as the only necessary and completely sufficient atonement for the sin of all who would accept it, repent of their sin, and invite him to come into their lives and be their Lord and Savior. This necessarily involves obedience to all of the commandments of YHVH Elohim and of His Son, our Lord Yeshua.
- Yeshua of Nazareth (“Jesus Christ”), as all of Scripture attests, is fully human, and is neither the second person of a “Trinity”/“godhead”, nor the actual Creator of the universe. Except in the divine plan and purpose (Greek: logos) of his Father, Yeshua did not in any way “pre-exist” his miraculous conception in Miryam’s (Mary’s) womb by the power of YHVH Elohim. He was born in Bethlehem according to prophecy, was entirely man, lived and taught among us, was crucified, died both for our sins and to make possible the reuniting of Judah and Ephraim (Ezekiel 37:19), was resurrected on the third day, and ascended to heaven, where he sits at the right hand of the Father until he is to return (once more) in glory at the end of the seven years of the Tribulation.
- that the written Torah of YHVH (“the Law”) is an expression by the God of the Bible of His nature, and we are required to keep all of His Commandments, especially including the Fourth – to keep holy the seventh-day Sabbath of YHVH – as recorded in the Tanakh.
We do these things, not for justification unto salvation – which is only through our faith in the suffering, death and resurrection of our Lord Yeshua – but from simple obedience, because we love our Father YHVH, and always want to do those things which are pleasing to Him, even as our Lord Yeshua did, and as he has told us to do.
We keep the commanded festivals of YHVH as described in the Tanakh for the same reasons that our Lord Yeshua and all of his disciples originally did, in simple obedience. We recognize that the Spring Feasts have already been fulfilled in the life and death of our Lord Yeshua, and we keep these as memorials. We also keep the Fall Feasts, which prefigure his Second Coming, and those others which are declared bv YHVH to be eternal memorials, or signs of the Covenant between the God of the Bible and His chosen people, as stated in the Tanakh, especially the seventh day Sabbath. We regard circumcision as a matter of obedience, and of the individual’s conscience.
We also keep the written Torah dietary laws (but not as the rabbinical “kashrut/kosher” laws). We keep none of the so-called “Christian” holidays, such as Christmas, Easter, and Lent, regarding these as the God of the Bible does, as traditions of men which are abominations to God, which are opposed to, and rebellious substitutes for, the actual feasts commanded by YHVH Elohim.
We simply call ourselves “believers” because “Christian” in no way signifies a person who is a disciple of the actual, historical Yeshua of Nazareth, as we are, but as a follower of a non-existent “person” altogether, one invented by the pagan Roman emperor Constantine, by the Church of Rome, and still endorsed today by most “mainstream” Protestant denominations.
We use several different Bible versions in our studies, and, like all unbiased Bible scholars, have found serious errors in all of them, including the 1611 and later King James Bibles, which were the result of a committee of latter-day pagans doing work which was paid for by an earthly king with an attitude.
We regard the Book of the Revelation as future-prophetic, that the events described therein have not happened yet. Technically, that makes us pre-millennialist, “Post-Tribulation” evangelicals, in that we believe that the Rapture of the Church will happen, but at the END of the soon-coming seven-year period known as “The Tribulation”, at our Lord Yeshua’s ONLY return, as all of Scripture testifies, and as was taught and believed by the entirety of the Christian evangelical church prior to 1830. We regard the teaching of a “pre-Trib” or a “mid-Trib” Rapture of the Church to be a Satanic deception designed to keep those who believe it from preparing for what the God of the Bible and His Son say is upon us.
We also believe that, near the mid-point of the seven years of the Tribulation, some few of the Torah-true righteous believers will be delivered by the angels of YHVH to a place of physical sanctuary on the earth, as we describe in our book, Exposing Satan’s ‘Left Behind’, a 400-page exposé of the current pre-Trib mania. The title is a reference to the “Left Behind” series of “religious fictions” by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. It is available in paperback or as a download from us via our website http://torahkingdomliving.com and as a Kindle e-book http://www.amazon.com/dp/Boo:qlMRVC . It also serves as a kind of Tribulation Survivor’s Manual, telling you what to expect, and how to recognize and escape from the Anti-Christ when he appears, according to our Lord’s instructions.
We believe that the holy Spirit is the manifestation of the power and intention of the Father in the physical and spiritual worlds, but is in no way a separate person, a “third person” of a “godhead”, etc. We believe in the gifts of the holy Spirit of YHVH, including words of knowledge, healing, miracles, prophecy, speaking in tongues, etc., but do not presume to judge whether the evidence or absence of any of these is an indication of whether a person is “begotten again” or not.
[Note: We use “begotten again” instead of “born again”, because NO ONE has yet been “born again” (attained immortality) except our Lord Yeshua and those “firstfruits” saints who were resurrected when he died (Matthew 27:52-3). The Greek word translated as “born” is “gennao”, which means “begotten” or “conceived”, NOT “born” or “birthed”.]
Married since 1985, we have both been begotten-again and Spirit-filled since the 1980’s, and studying the Word of God independently from the doctrines of any denomination since then. We were both raised as Roman Catholics, were then in several different Protestant denominations, tried and rejected “Messianic Judaism”, and are now seeking to discover and follow that “original faith which was once given to the saints” (Jude 3).
We love all mankind, regardless of the individual’s religion or lack of it, and believe that, as followers of our Lord Yeshua, we are required to follow the written Torah of Moses, the Prophets and the Writings (the Tanakh/“Old Testament”), even as he and all of his disciples did. Our “job description” is to show our Father’s love to the world through our lives and our giving of our minds, our time, and our resources to His work. We do these things because we love Him, and we therefore always seek to do the things that are pleasing to Him, even as our Lord Yeshua did.
In the course of our independent Bible studies since the 1980’s, we have been shown just how far both the so-called “Christian Church” and rabbinic Judaism have strayed from the Torah (teachings) of the Creator, and it is our mission to be a light to both Gentile and Jew in whatever time we have left.
In His Blessed Service,
Bob & Suzanne Hamrick
d/b/a Word Publishing, LLC
[NOT a 501(c)3]