by Bob & Suzanne Hamrick
NOTE 1: This article may be extremely troubling for some, especially for those who may have been sheltered from these scriptural issues by denominational teachings. We urge the reader to search out the embedded Scripture references as you read, and decide for yourself what lies ahead – according to the Bible – both for believers and for the entire world.
A prudent person foresees the evil, and hides himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. – – – Proverbs 22:3 & 27:12
NOTE 2: We use the Creator’s Self-given Hebrew Name, YHVH (pronounced Ye-hu’ah), and the original Hebrew name given by Him through the angel Gabriel (Matthew 1:21) to be the Messiah’s name, Ye-shu’a, which is “he will save” in Hebrew (Strong’s H3442). We also refer to what Christianity disparagingly calls the “Old Testament” with the Hebrew name for it, the Tanakh; to “the Law” as Torah; and to the “New Testament” as the Renewed Covenant Scriptures. Details on request.
What IS “the” Abomination of Desolation?
“The” Abomination of Desolation actually describes four different, but related, things.
- The first in time was the desecration of the Temple in Jerusalem by the Seleucid/Syrian king Antiochus IV Epiphanes in 167 BC. The Feast of Hanukkah, which our Lord Yeshua observed (John 10:22), celebrates the end of this by Judah Maccabee and his followers.
- The second in time refers to the imposition of a rule of law similar to that imposed by Antiochus, but in our time. Whoever OBEYS that law is actually accepting “the Mark of the Beast”, which is a sign of DISobedience to the Commandments of YHVH Elohim and of His Son, our Lord Yeshua, i.e., Torah. Most of Christianity and Judaism and all of Islam fall into this category.
- The third in time refers to an as-yet-future symbolic event which is prophesied to take place in a (partially?) rebuilt Tempe in Jerusalem, when the individual known as “the” anti-Christ will enter that rebuilt Temple and declare himself to BE God.
- The fourth in time, and the aspect of “the”Abomination of Desolation to which we believe that it primarily prophetically refers, will be the simultaneous worldwide possession of hundreds of millions of unsuspecting human beings by demons and perhaps by fallen angels. We expect that this will happen to all those who have previously accepted “the Mark of the Beast” in one way or another. As we will show, there are several ways to accomplish this, and not only by merely allowing a barcode to be imprinted or a microchip to be implanted in your hand &/or forehead.
Scriptural Basis . . .
The words of the Prophet Daniel, referring to “the time of Jacob’s trouble” (Jeremiah 30:7) – what Christians refer to as the start of the Great Tribulation – at the mid-point of the seven years of Daniel’s 70th Week (our interpretations in [ ] below):
Dan 11:31 And arms shall stand on his (the anti-Christ’s) part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
[ And forces shall go forth from him, and they (the forces) shall pollute the sacred temple, do away with the daily sacrifices and replace them with filthy things that desecrate.]
Dan 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
These words of our Lord Yeshua (“Jesus Christ”) of Nazareth, as he addressed his disciples:
15 When you therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoever reads this, let him understand🙂
16 Then let them which be in Judæa (or “in Judah”, or “in Jewry”) flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. – Matthew 24:15-18 KJV
Most “Christian” Bible commentary on these verses assumes that our Lord was only addressing this warning/command to flee to his “Jewish” followers in and around Jerusalem who would be alive when it happened. However, these utterly groundless and Scripturally-illogical conclusions are directly contradicted by the context itself:
- First, all begotten-again, commandment-keeping, Torah-true disciples of Yeshua of Nazareth are “real Jews” spiritually, which is the only way that matters, according to the entire Renewed Covenant Scriptures (“New Testament”). (Galatians 3:29, et al.) From this alone, our Lord’s command to flee should be understood to be aimed at ALL of his disciples, and not merely some tiny geographical subgroup of same who happen to be in the vicinity of Jerusalem when the symbolic part of it happens.
- Second, it should be obvious from Matthew’s parenthetical insertion (“whoever READS this, let him understand”) that our Lord’s discourse is actually intended for those who will be READING it at some future time, “at the end of the age” (Matthew 24:3). That surely cannot be any of those who were seated around our Lord, who were actually hearing his voice at that time. It’s for US. It is also surely NOT aimed at those “Jews” who will still be rejecting Yeshua as Messiah in our time, since precious few of them will be READING the Christian Bible for advice on what to do, or listening to those who do!
- Third, anyone who has been “grafted in” to the Abrahamic Covenant (Romans 11:17-24) by accepting Yeshua as his or her Lord and Messiah is most assuredly “in Judah”, since Judah is the specific tribe of the children of Israel into which Yeshua was born, and even under rabbinic halachah law, we are his adopted brothers and sisters in Judah for that reason.
For all of these reasons, and more, we conclude that our Lord’s command to FLEE into the closest uninhabited wilderness area in the very moment that we see the Abomination of Desolation actually happening (as our Lord says we will) applies to ALL of his disciples, wherever they may be in the world. There is nothing in these verses to contradict this sense of the text, only misguided denominational teachings.
FROM WHAT Are We Commanded to Flee?
According to the above direct quote from our Lord Yeshua, the end-times Abomination of Desolation WILL BE an event simultaneously observable by both: (a) people on housetops; and (b) people in fields. Both of these describe people outside of their houses.
This is extremely important.
Please note that the text does NOT say “housetops and fields around Jerusalem”, although this is assumed by most Bible commentators. Please note further that he also does NOT say “If you see . . .”, but rather “When you see…”. This guarantees that anyone who is alive and in sight of people outside when “it” happens will see “it”, whenever, wherever and whatever “it” is.
Because the presumed location of the end-times rebuilt Temple must be on the top of Mt. Moriah – where the original Temples were – neither of those lower locations (housetops or fields) in or around Jerusalem could possibly allow a view of anything happening inside the Temple. This can only mean that, if the end-times Abomination of Desolation were ONLY referring to the entrance by a Satan-possessed human anti-Christ into the innermost room of a rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem, then those whom our Lord tells to immediately FLEE WHEN they see it could not possibly obey his instruction, since they could not possibly SEE it in the very moment that it happened!
In order for people in BOTH of these locations (housetops and fields) to SEE the event, whatever it is, it will have to involve some kind of cataclysmic public event which occurs simultaneously in both kinds of locations, in addition to the event at the Temple. WHY ELSE would he have phrased it this way?
Please think about this. Could our Lord’s command to flee possibly be based on the assumption that all Torah-true believers, everywhere in the world, would ALL be able to watch this stupendous event on TV news on their iPods? We think not. Instead, we are forced by the totality of Matthew 24:15-18 – both from what is not said as well as from what is said – to logically conclude that our Lord was prophetically referring to a public event that would happen around the entire world in a moment of time!
The end of the Great Tribulation is, in fact, the time of the prophesied final destruction of the worldwide spiritual kingdom of Satan, “Mystery Babylon”, which has been in place ever since Adam and Eve sinned against YHVH Elohim and were expelled from the Garden of Eden. It is for this reason that our Lord Yeshua is returning, as the Messiah, the Promised One, to re-establish the Kingdom of God on earth, at the end of the seven years of the Tribulation. This is “the Gospel of the Kingdom of God/heaven” which our Lord Yeshua and ALL of his talmidim/disciples preached continuously.
But before that happens, unrepentant mankind must first be given the opportunity to personally experience to the fullest the terrible consequences of the evil which they have been pursuing until this point. This is what is called “the Great Tribulation”, which will be the last half of the seven years of the entire Tribulation period. The onset of this final 3½-year period, described by our Lord as the worst time in human history (Matthew 24), will be marked by the event called “the Abomination of Desolation”. (Daniel 9:27; 11:31; 12:11)
So in Matthew 24:17-18, our Lord is saying that, whatever “it” is, those who are outside their homes (on housetops and in fields) WILL SEE “the Abomination of Desolation” when “it” happens , and that when they do see “it”, whatever “it” is, they/we are to immediately FLEE into the nearest uninhabited area, and to keep on going. [Today, we might say, “Head for the hills!” ] This suggests that those who are inside their homes may NOT be able to see it! If this is true, it lends weight to the idea that one part of “the Abomination of Desolation” will, indeed, involve the simultaneous demonic possession of millions of people around the world in a moment of time. If one is inside one’s home when “it” happens, and everyone in that home is a commandment-keeping, Torah-true disciple of our Lord Yeshua, then they might have no immediate clue concerning what had just happened. It all fits.
We note that, in the Shem Tov Hebrew Gospel of Matthew, our Lord Yeshua is quoted as addressing his instructions to “them which be in Judah”, instead of “in Judæa” as in the King James, et al., bibles. “In Judah” is in the TRIBE of Judah, but “in Judæa” just refers to the territory traditionally belonging to the tribe of Judah, around Jerusalem. The pre-King James 1611 Bishops Bible (1568) renders it as “in Jewry” (i.e., “in the Jewish people”). Are not you “in the Jewish people”? We surely are (Galatians 3:29). Since all Torah-true, born-again believers are grafted in to the stock of “spiritual Israel” (“the woman” of Revelation 12:17; Romans 11:17-24; Galatians 4:26), that would surely include all of us, and “all of us” is surely a world-wide group to whom these commands from our Lord are necessarily addressed.
From this we conclude that the end-times “Abomination of Desolation” will necessarily consist of THREE parts:
- A pre-existing worldwide system of laws which represent DISobedience to the Commandments of YHVH Elohim and of His Son, as found in Scripture. These are characterized by the individual’s obedience to the requirements of religious organizations which deny the necessity of keeping the Commandments for the attainment of “salvation”, i.e., eternal life in the Kingdom of YHVH. This constitutes de facto acceptance of “the Mark of the Beast.”
- A primarily symbolic future event, involving the entry by the Satan-possessed human Anti-Christ into the innermost part of a rebuilt bricks-and-mortar Temple in Jerusalem;
- The monumentally more significant part, the simultaneous worldwide demonic possession of untold millions of human beings (those who have previously accepted the “mark of the Beast”) in an instant of time, as all the fallen angels and demons are “cast down INTO the earth”, i.e., forced out of the spirit realm altogether, and into physical bodies by the angels of YHVH Elohim.
The following events can ONLY be happening at the mid-point of the seven years of the Tribulation:
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. – – Revelation 12:7-9
We believe that this is the same event predicted by the Prophet Daniel, in the last chapter of that Book, Chapter 12:
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. [i.e., ONLY a righteous remnant of the Torah-true children of Israel, and surely NOT all who merely call themselves “Jews”: “They are not all Israel who are OF Israel” – Romans 9:6-8]
The Apostle Paul confirms that this interpretation is consistent with the spiritual realities involved:
1Co 3:16 Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
Lest anyone think that they can accept the mark of the Beast and get away with it, we see that…
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead (signifying mental assent), or in his hand (evidenced by one’s works),
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the Beast and his image, and whosoever receives the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Yeshua. (Revelation 14:9-12)
If accepting Satan’s Mark of the Beast is not defiling this “temple of God” (ourselves) then what would be? It is surely the equivalent of being voluntarily baptized into Satan’s service! And the Apostle Sha’ul (“Paul”) warns us of the eternal consequences of just such a choice in Hebrews 6:4-6:
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the holy Spirit,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away (apostasize), to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Our Lord Yeshua prophesied that, in the time just before his return, things would be much as they were in Noah’s time, when the world was almost completely corrupted by the Nephilim (Matthew 24:37; Luke 17:26). We believe that he may well have been referring to an identical end-times situation with this prophetic warning:
Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit (demon) is gone out of a man, he (the demon) walks through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.
Mat 12:44 Then he says, ‘I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he finds it empty, swept, and garnished.
Mat 12:45 Then goes he, and takes with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation (age).
The details and ramifications of all this are described in Chapter 13 – “The Hour of Temptation” – of our book, Exposing Satan’s ‘Left Behind’, and in our article, “Exodus II”, q.v. For all of these reasons and more, we expect the major events of the Tribulation to shape up something like this:
- A peace treaty between Israel & her Arab “neighbors”, brokered by the Anti-Christ, will mark the start of the seven years of “The Tribulation”, a.k.a., “Time of Jacob’s Trouble”. There may or may not be an actual Mid-East nuclear war (or nuclear or EMP “incidents” in the U.S. and elsewhere) prior to this treaty. We are planning our lives as though there will be.
The first public re-contact by Nephilim (“fallen ones”, angel/human hybrids) posing as our “elder brothers from space” come to Earth to “help you evolve to your next stage of development”, and thus “fulfil your interplanetary destiny”, or some such rot. They will no doubt claim that it was they who “seeded” Earth with our ancestors millennia ago, as most New Agers already believe. This is to cast doubt on the Biblical creation account and on the Bible itself, and millions will be deceived into abandoning Christianity and Judaism. The “aliens” may even offer a breeding program to “hasten things along”. No doubt, many unsuspecting human females will rush to be inseminated by the monsters, who will probably be very attractive physically. They may even offer their own “females” to be inseminated by human males. The Anti-Christ will probably be “elected” to mediate with the “aliens”, and commit all of mankind to cooperation in their schemes. Anything is possible. Without our Father’s intervention, escape would be impossible. For a more thorough treatment of this subject, see our article @
- An implantable RFID (Radio Frequency ID chip) to “prevent ID theft”, and to “eliminate counterfeiting”, and to “make all of your financial transactions electronically secure”, and to “have your entire medical history on your person in case of an emergency”, etc., will be offered to the public on a purely voluntary basis, and millions of gullible “beta testers” will rush to have this latest in hi-tech status-symbols implanted in them. This will likely be the prototype of the actual “Mark of the Beast” exactly as prophesied in Revelation 13:17-18 almost 2,000 years ago.
- Just Prior to Mid-Point: Physical Mark of the Beast made mandatory worldwide.
- Mid-point: The “Anti-Christ” – a human being who will be possessed by Satan when the devil and all of his troops are forced out of the spirit world altogether – declares himself to be God, and seats himself in the rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem. We take this to be merely the symbolic part of “The Abomination of Desolation” prophesied by our Lord Yeshua (Matthew 24:15). It has no spiritual significance whatsoever, since any partially-rebuilt, bricks-and-mortar Temple in Jerusalem will be built and controlled by unrighteous men (Isaiah 28:14; Revelation 2:9, 3:9; et al.). Moreover, it will be a “Temple” surely not inhabited by the holy Spirit of YHVH Elohim, since the chabod (visible presence of YHVH) was seen to depart from the Second Temple by the Prophet Ezekiel (Ezekiel 10:18) some time prior to the destruction of the city and the Temple in 586 B.C. It is not scheduled to return until the Millennial Reign of our Lord Yeshua.
- Mid-point: As a result of the “war in heaven” (Rev. 12:7), we expect that Satan and his angels and demons will then be forced out of the spirit world altogether, and into physical bodies of some kind. We consider that this is our Father “leveling the playing field” for the Great Tribulation. Satan and his angels will resist this “mid-game rule change” because they know that, once they lose their access to the spirit world, they will be working under the same limitations that mankind has had since the Garden of Eden.
The primary result of this “war in heaven” will be the demonic and angelic possession of all those who had previously accepted the Mark of the Beast in one way or another, and of all others who have rejected the God of the Bible and His only begotten Son, and perhaps their animation/possession of previously manufactured hybrid fallen-angel/human bodies which they had prepared for that moment (the Nephilim), as the Bible attests has happened more than once before.
Even secular (non-Christian) investigators have concluded that the many documented reports of human abductions, cattle and human mutilations, [see Footnotes] etc., could well be evidence of diabolic activity aimed at re-acquiring the ability to manufacture fully-functioning humanoid bodies, which could then be animated by spirit beings when the moment comes.
We find further support for this in the description of “fire” coming out of the mouths of “the two witnesses” which destroys “anyone who would harm them” during the first 3½ years of the Tribulation. Most Bible commentary on this is of the dispensationalist slant, which takes it as literal fire, literally coming out of the mouths of “two” individual witnesses. Instead, we expect that there is another interpretation, which at least has the word of YHVH Elohim for back-up:
Wherefore thus says YHVH Elohim of hosts, “Because you speak this word, behold, I will make my words in your mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.” – Jeremiah 5:14
This would suggest that, if they are to survive at all until the second half of the Tribulation, the “two” witnesses will have to have some kind of supernatural self-defense against the agents of the anti-Christ, and that this will be provided by YHVH Elohim, as above. Since our Lord Yeshua and the apostles had total authority over demons, and this authority was conveyed to all of us who believe, it would seem to be the ability of the “two” witnesses to command the wicked spirits to “come out of” whatever bodies they may be inhabiting. If they have, in fact, been forced out of the spirit world altogether, as we expect, it remains to be seen where these newly displaced evil spirits would “go”, except back into the same “holding cell”/abyss with the rest of their brothers who were similarly occupied once before. So there is Biblical precedent.
- According to the Bible, there previously has been angelic sexual intercourse with female humans which resulted in gigantic hybrid human/angel beings. (Genesis 6:4; Numbers 13:33; Jude 1:6-7). Goliath was apparently one of the products of this illicit sexual activity, as he and his four brothers are all referred to with the same word, Nephilim, which means, not “giants” (as rendered in the King James, et al., bibles), but “fallen ones”. This necessarily means that they were reintroduced into the physical world after the Great Flood, which YHVH Elohim caused because the Nephilim had managed to corrupt ALL of the rest of mankind at that time except for Noah and his family (Genesis 6:9).
It was essential to YHVH’s plan of salvation that the Messiah be born of an uncorrupted direct descendant of Seth, according to His promise to Eve in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:15).
We know that all of those Nephilim (fallen angels) which were individually tasked by Satan with the responsibility for finding out how his angels could physically impregnate human females (“going after strange flesh” – Jude 1:6-7) have been locked away incommunicado in “the abyss” until the Great Tribulation (Revelation 9:1-11). Presumably, this means that their “job skills” essential to the manufacture of the Nephilim bodies were individually learned by and restricted to those particular angels responsible. This was no doubt a kind of triage or “damage control” policy of Satan, anticipating that, if ALL of his angels &/or demons were involved in the first experiment, and YHVH Elohim were to pitch ALL of them into the abyss until the White Throne Judgment, he (Satan) would have no one to assist him in his nefarious plans for the end times. This necessarily means that, IF his plans for us during the Tribulation do, indeed, involve a repeat of the earlier Nephilim tactic, a new group of fallen angels would have to figure out how to do the same thing all over again! Well, is there any evidence of any such activity that we can point to as possibly confirming this radical hypothesis? We think that there is.
There being NO other logical explanation for it, we take this [CTRL-click here] evidence of recent animal and human abductions, bizarre surgical experiments, butchery, etc., as powerful evidence that Satan and his forces are yet once again desperately trying to regain the ability to manufacture bodies which they will be able to animate when they are, indeed, forced out of the spirit world as they know they will be.
- This simultaneous worldwide possession of millions of previously “normal” human beings will result in true “pandemonium” (Greek: “all the demons”). Planes will fall from the sky, massive traffic jams will hopelessly snarl all streets and highways, TV and radio stations will suddenly go off the air, people will be running around in the streets in various stages of undress, wild-eyed, screaming in utter confusion, as each one of them may have several demons in them, all vying for control of that particular human.
It is this short-lived period of “pandemonium”, in which all of the demons are trying to sort out their “chain of command” inside individual human beings without access to the spirit world which they have always had. This should give all obedient talmidim (disciples) of our Lord Yeshua (us) the opportunity to escape their grasp, but ONLY if we obediently FLEE immediately into the nearest uninhabited area.
Because we expect that the experiences of the end-times “Church” will closely parallel those of the children of Israel in their flight from Egypt, we have looked for, and believe that we have found, considerable Scriptural evidence in support of just such a scenario.
First, is it not beyond strange that our Lord Yeshua, asked by one of his disciples what the time of his return would be like, and what we were supposed to do at that time, would basically respond with a single word: Flee? To which we ask, “Yes, Lord, but how are we supposed to live for the next 3½ years until your return, in an uninhabited wilderness, having obediently fled there headlong, taking nothing with us?” Scripture is silent. Deafeningly silent.
Or maybe, just maybe, we are supposed to search the Scriptures for parallels, and find the faith we need therein. For example…
First, consider that Lot and his family were warned (and physically transported) by the angels of YHVH (Genesis 19), and our Father’s provision for Joseph in Egypt. (Genesis 39)
Next, consider that, of ALL those of legal age who left Egypt, ONLY Joshua and Caleb were allowed to actually enter the Promised Land! Why? Because ONLY THESE TWO “WHOLLY FOLLOWED YHVH” (“the LORD”). [Numbers 32:11-12; Deuteronomy 1:36; Joshua 14:8,9,14] This speaks to the necessity of OUR OBEYING the commandments of YHVH and of our Lord Yeshua! And would that be JUST the “Ten Commandments”, or was it ALL of the commandments (mitzvot), statutes (khukkah) and judgments (mishpatim)??? of YHVH Elohim, as He explicitly commands in Numbers 15:38-41, Deuteronomy 5:29 & 32-33, Deuteronomy 13:17-18, Deuteronomy 26:13 & 18, Deuteronomy 28 (entire chapter, but especially v. 1), Deuteronomy 30:1-20, Joshua 22:5, 1 Kings 6:11-13, 1 Kings 8:57-58, 2 Kings 17:13-20, 1 Chronicles 28:8, 2 Chronicles 34:31, Nehemiah 10:28-39, and the entirety of Psalm 119? We think, all of them.
Next, we have our Lord Yeshua’s “position statement” on his attitude toward the physical needs of those who were “following him into the wilderness”:
“Then Yeshua called his disciples unto him, and said, “I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.” (Matthew 15:32)
What followed was the second miracle of the loaves and fishes, when he again miraculously fed “a great multitude”. So we have consistent evidence from Scripture that our Lord has no intention of leaving us indefinitely to our own devices concerning food and shelter in a trackless wilderness, when we have obediently followed his only command concerning what we are to DO when we see the Abomination of Desolation. So we expect that our flight will be no longer than three days. Then…
Rev 12:13 And when the dragon1 saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
Rev 12:14 And to the woman2 were given two wings of a great eagle3, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time (3½ years, the exact duration of the last half of the Tribulation), from the face of the serpent1.
Rev 12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood4 after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
Rev 12:16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth5, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant6 of her seed7, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony8 of Jesus Christ.
1 Revelation 12:3,4,7,9,13,16,17; 13:2,4,11; 16:13; 20:2.
2 Genesis 37:9; Galatians 4:26; Revelation 12:1,4,6,13,14,15,16,17.
3 Exodus 19:4; Isaiah 40:31; Matthew 24:28; Luke 17:37.
4 Isaiah 28:2; 59:19; Jeremiah 46:7; Daniel 9:26-27; 11:22; Amos 8:8-10.
5 Numbers 16:32-34.
6 Those who were “of the woman”, but who were not transported by the “eagles” of YHVH.
7 John 1:12; 14:21; 1 John 2:3-6; Galatians 4:26.
8 Revelation 12:11
This should give you some idea of the reasons why we personally intend to wholly follow* our Lord’s ONLY command as to what we are supposed to DO in the very MOMENT that WE SEE the Abomination of Desolation, whatever it is. FLEE!
For all of these reasons, we conclude that there will be an horrendous spiritual aspect of “the Abomination of Desolation” which will happen all around the world in a moment of time, and that it is this from which our Lord Yeshua is commanding us all to flee, in the very moment that we see it. We also conclude that it is this generally ignored spiritual aspect of the Abomination of Desolation which will be far worse in its impact on all humanity than the mere entry by a Satan-possessed human being into a bricks-and-mortar Temple in Jerusalem which will be rebuilt by UNrighteous men, and which YHVH Elohim has already cursed! (Isaiah 28:14-22)
Because of the ambiguous way that it is described, most conventional (“Christian” denominational) analysis of these passages assumes that “Abomination of Desolation” refers ONLY to the physical entry of a Satan-possessed human being into the innermost court of a rebuilt “bricks-and-mortar” Temple in Jerusalem. The Apostle Sha’ul’s (“Paul’s”) prophecy in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 has been used to reinforce this position:
1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Yeshua Messiah and our gathering together to him,
2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has already come.
3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness (Torahlessness) is revealed, the son of destruction,
4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. – NASB
While we agree that the Anti-Christ will likely physically enter a partially rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem, we find no basis in Scripture to conclude that this is ALL that “the Abomination of Desolation” will entail, as most “Bible experts” today conclude. Far from it. There are some serious logical problems with that view, and the problems for the conventional interpretation all spring from a literal interpretation of all of the relevant Scriptures, as we have outlined here.
For a more complete analysis, please see our article entitled, “Exodus II” at our website, or contact us.
In our Lord Yeshua’s blessed service,
Bob & Suzanne Hamrick